For the purposes of these terms & conditions, persons booked for employment through LittleSitters are referred to as Employees and persons who contract with LittleSitters for the purpose of employing or hiring persons booked through LittleSitters are referred to as Employers.
LittleSitters provide babysitting employment introduction services and will endeavour to introduce Employers to Employees on the directory.
LittleSitters undertake to ensure that all employees on the directory have been carefully selected and have demonstrated satisfactory previous experience in childcare. The Employer accepts that no amount of reference checking can provide a guarantee of performance by individual employees. LittleSitters cannot be held accountable for negligence on the part of an employee who has provided LittleSitters with satisfactory references.
LittleSitters selection procedure requires an application from the babysitter and an online video call interview follows. Two childcare references are then taken and are verified verbally to allow referees to give a full, frank and candid picture in discussion than they would when asked to provide information in writing.
The application and notes are added to our cloud, reviewed and approved by a director of the company before each successful applicant is admitted to the LittleSitters’ directory.
The employer accepts that Employees on the LittleSitters directory are free agents and LittleSitters is not able to require any particular individual to work at any time and for any particular Employer.
The following Terms & Conditions apply:
- The Employer pays a subscription fee to LittleSitters either monthly or annually; in return the Employer is permitted access to the Employees listed on the LittleSitters directory
- A booking fee is required to book the employee to work for the employer.
- The employee pays a joining fee to the directory; in return the Employee receives a LittleSitters crest, playpack & training. A reduced annual subscription fee is due for every year the employee wishes to remain on the directory.
- LittleSitters undertakes to give the employer and employee a minimum of 30 days notice of any change in membership or booking fees.
- LittleSitters acts as an introduction service only and does not employ employees booked by employers.
- The Employer therefore has sole responsibility for establishing the terms & conditions of employment for the employee. The employee is at all times under the direction, control and supervision of the employer.
The Employer indemnifies LittleSitters completely for any possible claims by itself and third parties that are the result of and/or connected to an agreement that the Employer has entered into by using the site. LittleSitters is under no obligation to participate in any proceedings following such a claim.
The total liability of LittleSitters for direct damages as a consequence of defaults which can be attributed to LittleSitters is limited to the payment of the fee the Employer or Employee has made to LittleSitters.
LittleSitters only has an intermediary role and can therefore under no circumstances be held liable for material and/or immaterial damages that are attributable to the Employee, regardless of its nature.
The Employer and Employee are responsible for insurance.
- In paying a membership fee, the Employer undertakes to make all bookings with Employees through LittleSitters.ie. Private approaches to employees are not permitted without the agreement of LittleSitters. If an employer is found to have made an offer of childcare/babysitting employment to an employee beyond the scope of the original booking made through LittleSitters, the employers membership will be cancelled with immediate effect. No refund of membership fees paid will be made and no further bookings will be accepted. The Employer will be liable in damages to LittleSitters to compensate in respect of all past, present and future losses which LittleSitters suffers by reason of any breach of the undertaking above.
- The employer accepts that LittleSitters’ responsibility is to introduce Employees who have demonstrated previous satisfactory childcare employment experience, in line with reference checks set out herein.
- The employer is responsible for the instruction and direction of the employee for the duration of the babysitting appointment. The Employer is responsible for ensuring the employee clearly understands the needs of the Employers children and the Employers expectations of the employees performance of duties.
- LittleSitters have no responsibility for an Employees acts or omissions when under the direction, control and supervision of the employer.
- In the event that an employee is booked and for reasons beyond LittleSitters’ control, cancels at short notice or fails to arrive at the appointed time, LittleSitters will use its best endeavours to find another Employee for the Employer but there is no guarantee.
- LittleSitters are not responsible for any loss as a result of the employees failure to keep the appointment.
- LittleSitters reserves the right to terminate any membership either when the current paid membership expires or by giving the Employer 14 days notice and a refund of any un-expired membership fee. LittleSitters also reserve the right to terminate any membership without prior notice if it believes that the Employer gas violated any terms of the service.
- LittleSitters have no control over Employee calendars and cannot guarantee availability to Employers at any time.
- Employees agree to adhere to the code of conduct set out by LittleSitters at all times.
- In case of any dispute, Irish law shall apply.