For the purposes of these terms & conditions, persons booked for employment through LittleSitters are referred to as ‘Employees’. Persons who contract with LittleSitters for the purpose of employing or hiring persons booked through LittleSitters are referred to as ‘Employers.’ LittleSitters provide online babysitting employment introduction services and will endeavour to introduce Employers to Employees on the directory. When an Employer enters into a contract with an Employee for the supply of babysitting services, the contract will be between the Employer and the Employee alone. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to constitute and agency, partnership or employment relationship between the Employer and Little sitters.
LittleSitters shall use its best endeavours to ensure that all employees on the directory have been carefully selected and have demonstrated satisfactory previous experience in childcare. The Employer accepts that no amount of reference checking can provide a guarantee of performance by individual employees.
LittleSitters selection procedure requires an application from the babysitter and an online video call interview follows. Two childcare references are then taken and are verified verbally to allow referees to give a full, frank and candid picture in discussion.
The application and notes are added to our cloud, reviewed and approved by a management before each successful applicant is admitted to the LittleSitters’ directory.
- The Employer pays a subscription fee of €10 to LittleSitters either monthly or (discounted rate of) €100 annually; in return the Employer is permitted access to the Employees listed on the LittleSitters directory.
- A booking fee of €3 is required to book the employee to work for the employer.
- The Employee pays an initial joining fee of €30 to the directory; in return the Employee receives a LittleSitters crest, playpack & training. The Employee pays a yearly membership fee of € 15 thereafter.
- LittleSitters undertakes to provide the employer and employee a minimum of 30 days’ notice of any change in membership or booking fees.
- All subscription fees are non-refundable.
- LittleSitters acts as an introduction service only and does not employ employees booked by employers.
- The Employer therefore has sole responsibility for establishing the terms & conditions of employment for the employee. The employee is at all times under the direction, control and supervision of the employer.
The Employer hereby indemnifies LittleSitters completely for any possible claims by itself and third parties that are the result of and/or connected to an agreement that the Employer has entered into by using the site. LittleSitters is under no obligation to participate in any proceedings following such a claim. When an Employer engages the services of an Employee, the said Employer is solely responsible for agreeing terms or engagement on acceptable terms, and for all necessary direction and supervision.
LittleSitters acts as an intermediary. LittleSitters shall have no liability to an Employer or Employee whatsoever (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise) for any loss including pure economic loss, or any, direct loss, indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with a failure in the supply for services by the Employee, The Employer will accept all risks and insure accordingly. The Employer and the Employee hereby agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold harmless LittleSitters from and against all costs, expenses, liabilities, injuries, direct, indirect or consequential loss, damages, claims, demands, proceedings or legal costs (on a full indemnity basis) as a consequence of any a direct or indirect breach or negligent performance or failure in performance by the Employee of the terms of the contract; and/or any a claim by a third party.
The total liability of LittleSitters for direct damages as a consequence of any default which can be attributed to LittleSitters is limited to the payment of the fee the Employer or Employee has made to LittleSitters.
- In paying a membership fee, the Employer undertakes to make all bookings with Employees through LittleSitters.ie. Private approaches to employees are not permitted without the agreement of LittleSitters. If an Employer is found to have made an offer of childcare/babysitting employment to an Employee beyond the scope of the original booking made through LittleSitters, the Employer’s membership will be cancelled with immediate effect. If an Employee accepts such an offer the Employee’s membership will also be cancelled with immediate effect. No refund of membership fees paid will be made and no further bookings will be accepted. The Employer will be liable in damages to LittleSitters to compensate in respect of all past, present and future losses which LittleSitters suffers by reason of any breach of the undertaking above.
- The Employer accepts that LittleSitters’ responsibility is to introduce Employees who have demonstrated previous satisfactory childcare employment experience, in line with reference checks set out herein.
- The Employer is responsible for the instruction and direction of the Employee for the duration of the babysitting appointment. The Employer is responsible for ensuring the Employee clearly understands the needs of the Employer’s children and the Employer’s expectations of the Employees performance of duties.
- LittleSitters have no responsibility for an Employees acts or omissions when under the direction, control and supervision of the Employer.
- In the event that an Employee is booked and for reasons beyond LittleSitters’ control, cancels at short notice or fails to arrive at the appointed time, LittleSitters will use its best endeavours to find another Employee for the Employer but there is no guarantee.
- LittleSitters are not responsible for any loss as a result of the Employees failure to keep the appointment.
- LittleSitters reserves the right to terminate any membership either when the current paid membership expires or by giving the Employer 14 days’ notice and a refund of any un-expired membership fee. LittleSitters also reserve the right to terminate any membership without prior notice if it believes that the Employer has violated any terms of the service.
- LittleSitters have no control over Employee calendars and cannot guarantee availability to Employers at any time.
- Employees agree to adhere to the code of conduct set out by LittleSitters at all times.
- If an Employee once booked, cancels or fails to present for an arranged appointment, LittleSitters will serve a written warning. If on a second occasion an Employee cancels or fails to present for an arranged appointment, that Employee will be removed from the service immediately. No refunds of any un-expired membership shall be made by LittleSitters in these circumstances.
- LittleSitters may update and vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Each Employer and Employee will be subject to the latest version of the Terms and Conditions.
- In case of any dispute, Irish law shall apply.